If you’ve got a lot of Appstore saved games and do not wish to loose them all as you need to restore or update your iPhone, you can backup your Appstore saved games using AppBackup. AppBackup is a cydia application that can backup all of your Appstore saved games in one shot and it will compress the backup files to .gz file format. All you need to do is SSH into your iPhone and copy the backup files to your PC. Then, restore it back to your iPhone after restore completed. I’ll show you the steps below.
- Install AppBackup (Utilities) and OpenSSH (Networking) through Cydia installer. You can use the search feature to find the applications.
- Launch AppBackup, you can backup all Appstore saved games or select only the one you want to backup.
- Set Auto-Lock to Never and launch WinSCP to SSH into your iPhone. I’ve written a guide on how you can SSH into your iPhone.
- Nagivate to /private/var/mobile/Library/AppBackup and copy the folder called tarballs from the iPhone to your PC desktop.
You may also want to backup your iPhone data. After that, you can proceed to restore or update your iPhone and after restore completed, reinstall the Appstore games to your iPhone through iTunes. Then you need to jailbreak your iPhone to restore the backup files back to your iPhone.
- Install AppBackup (Utilities) and OpenSSH (Networking) through Cydia installer.
- Launch AppBackup, you need to backup the Appstore saved games for the first time.
- Set Auto-Lock to Never and launch WinSCP to SSH into your iPhone.
- Nagivate to /private/var/mobile/Library/AppBackup and move back the tarballs folder (you’ve copied just now) from your PC to the iPhone.
Close AppBackup on your iPhone, launch the Appstore game and you’ll be at the levels where you’ve stopped.