Recently, I’ve successfully downgraded my iPhone 3GS to firmware 3.0 and I also downgraded iTunes 9 to 8.2 for purplera1n to work. In order to install iTunes 8.2, I have to completely uninstall iTunes 9 on my PC. Therefore, it may be useful if I write this guide for those who also wish to downgrade the iTunes version.
Uninstalling iTunes on Windows PC
- Quit iTunes and disconnect your iPhone.
- Select Control Panel on Start menu.
- Select Programs and Features on Control Panel menu.
- Uninstall the following Apple software components in sequence.
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or newer)
It’s recommended to restart your PC after you’ve uninstalled all Apple software components. Then, you can proceed to install the iTunes version you wish to. Click here to download a list of all available iTunes version.