Last night, I was tweaking around the HTC Hero Cydget that is installed on my iPhone 3GS. Since I live in Singapore, I wish to have Singapore instead of the Grayslake (default) weather and now, HTC Hero cydget is showing my city’s weather on my iPhone 3GS lockscreen.
If you’ve HTC Hero cydget installed and you want it to display your city’s weather instead, follow the step-by-step guide below, which is the guide I used to set the weather on my iPhone 3GS.
1. Launch cydia installer, search and install “OpenSSH” on your iPhone. After that, I recommend you to change the root password immediately. Follow this step-by-step guide to change it using putty.
3. Navigate to this path: /System/Library/LockCydgets/HTCHero.cydget/Private, right click configureMe.js and select “Edit”.
4. Change the value of “var locale” to your city’s code.
5. “snxx0006″ is the code for Singapore, you can go to theweathernetwork.com and search your city.
6. Save and Exit after you’ve made changes. Then, restart your iPhone and you’ll find HTC Hero cydget is not showing Grayslake weather anymore.
Can you do me a favor? Please copy the code you’ve entered for your city and paste it in the comment below. So that, anyone who lives in the same city can use it on the HTC Hero cydget. Eg. Singapore – snxx0006.