Blacksn0w was released 2 days ago together with blackra1n rc3 and it’s one of the GeoHotz’s software unlocking solution that unlocks the latest baseband 05.11.07 for iPhone 3G/3GS. If you’ve accidentally updated your iPhone baseband through iTunes, blacksn0w is the only tool you need to install to use the unofficial sim cards on your iPhone. And if your iPhone 3G/3GS still has the baseband 04.26.08, I would recommend you to unlock it using iPhone dev team’s ultrasn0w.
- Does this unlock all iPhones? No, blacksn0w only unlocks iPhone 3G/3GS with baseband 05.11.07. You can install BootNeuter to unlock iPhone 2G instead.
- How do I check if I need to unlock my iPhone 3G/3GS? If your iPhone is showing “No Service” when you insert an unofficial sim card. Or, you can check whether your iPhone is a locked set here.
- My iPhone 3G/3GS was jailbroken using blackra1n rc2, do I still need to jailbreak? You can run blackra1n (if you didn’t remove or delete it) and “Icy” will be replaced by “ra1n”. Select “ra1n” and tap “Install” to start the installation. Then, jump to step 2 on the following guide.
Once you’re clear, let’s get started.
1. Make sure your iPhone 3G/3GS was jailbroken using blackra1n rc3. Follow this step-by-step guide if it’s not already.
Please do not uninstall blackra1n after jailbreak has done.
2. Launch blackra1n on your iPhone 3G/3GS, select “snow” and tap “Install”.
Note: Blackra1n will start downloading and installing the “sn0w” package on your iPhone 3G/3GS.
3. Press “Close” when you see “Post Install Log for snow” on the screen.
Note: Once iPhone 3G/3GS respring is done, wait for your network carrier signal and it will be unlocked.
If you have any problem on unlocking your iPhone 3G/3GS, leave your message on the comment below.